RIVER - Stateroom Steward
Viking is a strong and dynamic company - with a growing fleet of more than 80 river ships and seven ocean vessels cruising over 100 itineraries around the world. In 2022, our guests will experience all the comfort and elegance of our award-winning fleet with two expedition ships built specifically to explore the world's most remote destinations. We will also expand our operations to the U.S. with the addition of a new Mississippi River ship.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To provide guests at all times with friendly, personalized housekeeping service. This includes, but is not limited to, maintaining high standards and consistency of cleanliness of the guest staterooms and all public areas while providing our guests an outstanding customer service.
- Daily cleaning of approximately 18 staterooms
- Cleaning of public areas, toilets, and reception area according to requirements
- Correct handling of guest laundry
- Control and distribution of externally cleaned laundry and uniforms
- Correct and careful handling of all cleaning products, materials, and housekeeping equipment
- Rotating laundry duty incl. washing, ironing, and folding activities
- Distribution of daily programs, gift orders and turndown services in allocated staterooms
- Welcoming and escorting guests to their staterooms on embarkation day
- Checking and reporting technical defects of staterooms to the supervisor / reception
- Luggage duty on embarkation and disembarkation day
- Conduction of stock takes; inventory according to company procedures
- Organization and planning of embarkation / disembarkation
- Preparation of opening and closing ships at start and end of season
- Assistance in other departments upon instruction from supervisors (if required)
- Performance according to company standards and HACCP rules
- Participation in loadings
- Correct storage of stock; establishing of par levels
- Active participation in onboard training programs
- Participate in the departmental "Daily Reunion"
- Outstanding flexibility: must be able to work alone, in different times during the day as scheduled by the management, under pressure and reflect at all times, even under difficult conditions, a positive can-do attitude and the best image of Viking
- Excellent communication with other departments, especially the Guest Services, Maintenance and Food & Beverage
- Become knowledgeable about all itinerary-related ports of call and shore excursions
- Full knowledge of the daily program
- Ensure excellent knowledge about the Suite Amenity program
- Achieve/succeed the KPI goals for the department as a housekeeping team
- Strong motivation to achieve the company goals and objectives
- Full knowledge about safety & security procedures
- Participations in all training concerning safety & security, fire prevention, evacuation exercises as required by the company
- High school diploma required
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience required in an upscale cruise line or hotel of comparable size in the similar position in the scope of the Housekeeping department
- Good English communication skills
- Ability to work independently, service-oriented and guest focused
- Must be able to deal correctly with confidential information and must be discrete
- Must be well groomed and maintain impeccable hygiene standards
- Extensive walking required and ability to stand on feet for a long time
- Hours may vary based upon organizational needs and operational demands
- Guest focused, service oriented, positive personality and professional appearance
- Flexible and stress resistant, team player, shows commitment
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
- Implement SOP policies, procedures, standards, as laid out by the management.
- Ensure appropriate appearance and clothing according to the updated grooming standards.
The company reserves the right to change/extend this job description, if necessary, at any point of time during her/his employment.
Apply now »